Recipe of the Month – Seed Crackers7th December, 2022
160C for 30 minutes, plus 30 minutes
You will need:
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup black or white chia seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds – or half/half sunflower and pepitas
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 100g parmesan cheese (extra sharp is best) (also optional)
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and add 250ml water.
- Stir well and leave to soak.
- When the seeds etc have absorbed all the water (approx. 20-30 minutes) you are ready to proceed.
- Get 2 pieces of baking paper. Place the seed mixture on one and put the other piece on top.
- With a rolling pin flatten the seed mixture as thin as possible.
- Peel off the top layer of paper.
- Place the seed mix on the paper onto a baking tray.
- Top with more parmesan at this stage if desired.
- Put the tray into the oven
- Set the timer for 30 minutes – check and see if the mixture is looking brown.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove the tray from the oven.
- After about 5 minutes mark the crackers into squares or rectangles and peel off the paper.
- Place the crackers upside down on a baking tray (unlined) and then put back into the oven for another 30 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Place on cooling rack and leave until cold.
Store in an airtight container.
Freezes well. If they go slightly soft, re-crisp in the oven.share this entry